Critical Illness Insurance
ARE YOU COVERED?
Critical Illness Facts:
- 82% of victims survive their first heart attack
- 1 in 4 Canadians develop some form of heart disease during their lifetime
- 1 person in 3 will develop cancer during their lifetime
- 1 woman in 9 will develop breast cancer in her lifetime
- 75% of victims survive their first stroke
- 50,000 Canadians suffer a stroke each year
Are you covered?
Claim - from $25,000 to $2,000,000 of coverage is paid to you after surviving the first 30 days of a covered Critical Illness
- Heart Attack
- Loss of Independence,
- Coronary Artery Bypass
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Kidney Failure
- Benign Brain Tumor
- Loss of Limbs
- Major Organ Transplant (or on waiting list)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Parkinson's Disease
- Motor Neuron Disease (ALS or Lou Gehrig's disease)
- Loss of Speech
- Severe Burns
- Occupational HIV Infection
- Aortic Surgery
- Heart Valve Replacement
- Aplastic Anaemia
- Bacterial Meningitis
CHILDHOOD CONDITIONS covered
Additional riders & benefits:
- Cerebral palsy
- Congenital heart disease
- Cystic fibrosis
- Muscular dystrophy
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus.
While recovering from an illness, use the money the way you wish, pay down or pay off your mortgage, monthly expenses, out of country medical reno's, debts, mediation etc. **Coverage's vary from company to company/ some conditions & exclusions apply
- No Claim - all your premiums refunded back to you for staying healthy...PEACE OF MIND AT NO COST, A NICE FORCED SAVINGS ACCOUNT (Riders to be purchased - Return of Premium & Return of Premium on Expiry)*
- No Claim - all your premiums refunded back to a named beneficiary if you pass away from another cause (Rider to be included - Return Premium on Death)*
UNINSURABLE/DECLINED ... NO PROBLEM WE HAVE GUARANTEED ISSUE CRITICAL ILLNESS - NO MEDICAL*
We also have guaranteed issue life insurance, disability due to injury, health fracture, travel medical & accidental death products*
*Some conditions apply
Share the pdf Critical Illness Protection Insurance
Makes perfect sense... because saving your life shouldn't cost you your life savings!
What's Critical Illness all about and why should you have it?
Life is an unpredictable journey. While we cannot control the future, we can take steps to care for ourselves against the unforeseeable and defend our most valuable asset... OUR GOOD HEALTH.
Critical Illness insurance provides the answer. It pays out a tax-free lump sum amount on the diagnosis of a covered critical illness and satisfying the 30 day survival period - you then can use the monies at your discretion.
The founder of critical illness insurance Dr. Marius Bernard said it best "you need financial independence when you are ill not because you are going to die but because you are going to live".
If you’re like most people, you understand the need for life insurance to help protect your family and provide for them after you are gone... but what about helping to cover a loss of income, or expenses, if you are still here but living with a critical illness?
Canadians, on average, are living longer these days. Advances in medical science have made it so that some critical illnesses that would have been fatal a few years ago are now treatable, and even curable. That’s great news for your family. However, living with a critical illness can bring with it financial challenges that you may not have considered.
Some critical illness policies include additional riders & benefits at no cost, but others do come at an additional cost. Some of these include:
1. Return of Premium on Death Benefit (usually no cost - included) - If you die while your critical illness policy is in effect and the critical illness benefit is not payable; your beneficiary will receive 100% of the monthly deductions or premiums paid for the rider up to $2,000,000 (Peace of mind at NO cost).
2. Early Detection Benefit - The Early Detection Benefit pays a one-time lump sum benefit to you, the life insured, when you receive an early diagnosis of one of the four non-life threatening conditions listed below, and you survive the 30-day survival period. This benefit will pay 15% of the current benefit amount up to a maximum of $50,000 with some companies per policy. The four nonlife-threatening conditions are:
• Coronary angioplasty • Early prostate cancer • Ductal breast cancer • Superficial malignant melanoma
3. Expert Medical Opinion Benefit - Most companies now include this extra-contractual benefit that provides you and your immediate family access to the world’s leading medical experts to review your medical case and provide an expert opinion on any medical or diagnosed condition.
4. Return of premium on cancellation - Purchasing this benefit and depending on the company you can cancel your policy after a certain amount of years (usually minimum 15) and your premiums will be refunded back to you (Peace of mind at NO cost).
5. Return of premium on expiry - Purchasing this benefit will refund premiums back to you as long as the policy expires at age 75 and no claim for a full payout covered illness has been made (Peace of mind at NO cost).
Why are the costs so high compared with a Life Insurance Plan?
The higher premiums reflect because it is 10 times more likely that a Critical Illness will strike us first before age 65 than a person dying.
GET COVERED TODAY - DON'T WAIT BEFORE ITS TOO LATE.
Contact one of our Advisors today for a FREE NO OBLIGATION illustration and pricing.